- Department of Civil Engineering
- Degree Program:
- Academic Year:
Master's degree: September 2016 ~ September 2018
Doctoral degree: September 2016 ~ September 2019
- Number of Students to be Admitted:
- Research Fields:
- The study area must be within a field accepted by one of the faculty members of the Department of Civil Engineering at the School of Engineering.
- Program URL:
- A List of Faculty Members:
- Designated Contact in the International Coordination Team (ICT):*
- Foreign Student Office (Civil FSO), Department of Civil Engineering
*Please see 'Contact: International Coordination Team (ICT)'
The Department of Civil Engineering aims to enhance the advancement of the global academic environment at the University of Tokyo, and is designed to recruit excellent overseas students with international educational backgrounds. In order to reach out to potential applicants around the world, the Department of Civil Engineering has established a specific entrance exam procedure, which is compatible with the standard entrance exam, to eliminate the need for applicants to travel to Tokyo to take the standard entrance exam. Therefore, applicants applying from within Japan must still follow the University of Tokyo’s standard application process.
Application for September 2016 Entry
The enrollment period for Master’s and Doctoral degrees through the T-cens system is limited to from September 2016 only.
If the sponsor of a prospective scholarship requires you to start your academic life from April 2017, you will need to reapply for a general Master’s or Doctoral degree course at the Graduate School of Engineering. In this case, please consult with your ICT Admission Desk.